Creating a capsule wardrobe is about keeping your wardrobe simple - which is especially important when it comes to traveling! A core selection of matching basics helps you minimize your packing list so you can travel with just a carry-on bag, saving effort, time and money.
Just one of the many reasons why our silk garments have ventured across all four corners of the globe and are loved as a traveller's best friend.
Whether you’re travelling for pleasure, business, or both let’s create the ultimate Travel Capsule - keeping you fresh for all occasions using only the 7kg limit for carry-on! We’ve got options and inspiration for both women and men to make sure you travel in comfort - and arrive in style.
Starting with the ladies:
The above garments make an excellent ‘uniform’ for the plane. Comfortable layers to easily take on and off as you work your way from home through the transit lounge and in and out of air conditioning.
Our Lounge Pants are smart, yet soft and comfortable to wear with a wide leg and elasticised waistband. The Infinity Scarf is a wee gem with its hidden pocket to tuck away your passport, credit card and ear phones for hands-free ease and absolute safety.
In your carry-on luggage we recommend a selection of the following:
- Your choice of a Sleeveless, Wendy or Sleeveless Drawstring Dress.
- Crepe-de-Chine Trousers
- A Swing or Sophia Slimline Skirt
- Button-through Top (doubles as a Top or a Short Sleeve Cardigan)
- Crepe Boat Neck Top (Stunning with the Crepe Trousers or Sophia Skirt)
- Audrey or Silkspun Cardigan
When selecting garments for our women’s travel capsule, we considered three key factors:
- Garment styles that can be worn in many different ways to mix and match, layer as needed and dress up or down to take you from the beach to the boardroom.
- A predominantly neutral colour palette - that still has a splash of colour.
- Which items our customers love travelling with the most (yes - we went through a lot of reviews!)
Have a look at our travel capsule collection for more inspiration.
And, for the men:
As with the ladies we recommend the depicted items as a traveling ‘uniform’ for men. Men’s Lounge Pants are every bit as versatile as the Women’s. Layer short and long sleeves to combat changing temperatures while in transit, and a Hoodie for comfort while sleeping on long haul flights.
Our recommended carry-on luggage for men, using the same key considerations:
- Silkspun Sleeveless Crew
- Short Sleeve Crew or V Neck (in another colour)
- A Long or Short Sleeve Polo Shirt
- Long Sleeve Crew or V Neck Top
- Jeans or Chinos
A travel capsule with silk ensures you’ll look great, no matter where your travels take you. Best of all, being prepared with your travel capsule wardrobe reduces decision-making and eliminates stress from your packing list. You’ll also save time and money in shopping for, packing, and maintaining clothing whilst you are away.
So you can get back to focusing on what matters - enjoying every second of your trip!
Leave a comment